DORITOS TACO SALAD RECIPE INGREDIENTS
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 8 oz. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 med. tomatoes, chopped
- 1 pkg. Doritos or some other nacho chips
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning (reserve 1 tbsp.)
- 8 oz. Thousand Island dressing
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. taco seasoning (reserved)
- 1 tbsp. taco sauce
Brown hamburger and drain off fat. Add doritos taco seasoning (remember to reserve 1 tablespoon for dressing). Let meat cool. Layer lettuce, hamburger, cheese, beans, onion and tomatoes in a large container.
Put cheese on top and refrigerate 24 hours.
Dressing: Mix Thousand Island dressing, sugar, taco seasoning and taco sauce. Refrigerate until serving time.
Just before serving: Crush chips (not too small). Add chips and dressing to layered salad and toss.
Note: Smaller portions of layered salad, chips and dressing may be tossed at each meal so that chips don't get soft and lettuce stays crisper.